You may already be familiar with gem install , but if you add the -v flag, you can specify the version of the gem to install. Using -v you can specify an exact version or use version comparators.
How do I install a specific version of Ruby?
Get started with rbenv
- List the installed Ruby versions. To list the installed Ruby versions in your machine with rbenv, run the following command: rbenv version. …
- Install a Ruby version. To install a new Ruby version, use the rbenv install command: rbenv install VERSION. …
- Use a specific Ruby version for a project.
How do I downgrade a gem version?
If you want to automate it in a script (I had the same problem after a gem update ), just do the following:
- Install your favored version (if you don’t have already) gem install compass -v 1.2.3.
- Uninstall newer versions. gem uninstall compass -v ‘>1.2.3’ –force.
How do I install a specific version of a bundle?
How to update the bundler version in a Gemfile. lock
- Install the latest bundler version: gem install bundler Fetching bundler-2.3.5.gem Successfully installed bundler-2.3.5 1 gem installed.
- Update the bundler version in Gemfile.lock : bundle update –bundler.
- Confirm it worked: $ tail -n2 Gemfile.lock BUNDLED WITH 2.3.5.
How do you update a specific gem in Ruby?
- Update RubyGems. To update to its latest version with: gem update –system.
- Install gems. To install a gem (Ruby package), run: gem install <gemname> …
- List installed gems. gem list. …
- Update installed gems. To update all gems or a particular gem: gem update [<gemname>]
- Remove old gem versions.
How do I upgrade a gem to a specific version?
This will work if the gem has no shared dependencies with other gems.
- Find out the version you want to update to.
- Add that version explicitly to the Gemfile with , ‘=1.2.3’
- Run bundle install.
- Remove the explicit version number again.
- Run bundle install once more.
How do I install an older version of Ruby?
Use the secure installation method. Read the installation instructions — you probably want the single-user configuration. Use rvm list known to list available Rubies and then run rvm install x.x.x to install a specific version. Use rvm use x.x.x –default to change your default Ruby.
How do I uninstall a specific version of a gem?
Removing a specific gem
- sudo gem uninstall GEMNAME.
- sudo gem uninstall GEMNAME –version 1.1.0.
- sudo gem cleanup GEMNAME.
- sudo gem cleanup.
How do I check my GEM version?
Since your goal is to verify a gem is installed with the correct version, use gem list . You can limit to the specific gem by using gem list data_mapper . To verify that it’s installed and working, you’ll have to try to require the gem and then use it in your code.
How do I downgrade Ruby from Windows?
As others have mentioned, its hard to come up with exact solution, in general to downgrade or switch versions for a user:
- Install Ruby 1.8.7 (or locate it on your system if you have it already)
- Edit your .bash_profile or .bashrc file to update your $PATH so that the 1.8.7 executable is found first.
How do I update my ruby version?
Ruby versions (updating)
- Upgrade ruby (using rvm) sudo rvm get head. …
- Install bundler. gem install bundler.
- Go to application root directory and install gems. cd APPLICATION_ROOT. …
- Install Easy Redmine. rake easyproject:install RAILS_ENV=production.
- You may also need to change the ruby version in a startup script.
How do I install a bundle installed?
- Select Tools | Bundler | Install Bundler from the main menu.
- Press Ctrl twice and execute the gem install bundler command in the invoked popup.
- Open the RubyMine terminal emulator and execute the gem install bundler command.
How do I update my bundle version?
Bundler will never change your application to a new major version until you choose to do so. If your application is ready, you can upgrade that application to the latest installed version of Bundler by running bundle update –bundler . We recommend committing your Gemfile. lock before you upgrade.
How do I upgrade Rails version?
To move between versions:
- Change the Rails version number in the Gemfile and run bundle update .
- Run the Update task.
- Run your tests.
What is the difference between bundle install and bundle update?
Install vs. Update. The most common question I’ve heard about Bundler is about the difference between bundle install and bundle update . In a nutshell: bundle install handles changes to the Gemfile and bundle update upgrades gems that are already managed by Bundler.
How do I update my gem dependencies?
I worked with below steps:
- Open the gem installation folder as below: …
- Add new dependency below into gemspec file (nesta.gemspec) …
- Append gem ‘stacktracer’ into Gemfile.
- Add require “stacktracer” into Rakefile.
- Run command bundle update nesta.
- Run command bundle install.