1. Blue Diamond – $3.93 million per carat. Blue diamond is a type of diamond which exhibits all of the mineral ‘s inherent properties except with the stone’s additional element of blue colour. They are colored blue by trace amounts of boron which contaminate the structure of the crystalline lattice.
What is the prettiest blue gemstone?
The 5 Prettiest Blue Gems Of All Time
- Aquamarine. The March birthstone has a massive fan following. …
- Tanzanite. …
- Sapphire. …
- Blue Diamond. …
- Blue Topaz. …
- 9 Pink Tourmaline Pieces You Can’t Help But Stare At. …
- 7 Amethyst Birthstone Sparklers For February Babies! …
- 7 Garnet Birthstone Jewelry Pieces That Need To Be In Your Cart RN!
What gem is Deep blue?
The most common blue stone is a Sapphire, however, the deep blue color can also be found in other gemstones such as Kyanite, Lapis Lazuli and Zircon. There are also much lighter or softer blue stones with the most common of the lighter stones being Topaz, and Aquamarine.
What is the most expensive gem stone?
FACT: The largest loose diamond in the world is the Paragon Diamond, weighing in at 137.82 carats, while the Pink Star Diamond is the most expensive gemstone to ever be sold at a whopping $83 million.
What is the most expensive gem color?
Most Expensive COLORED GEMSTONE
|1||Sunrise Ruby Ring US$ 30,000,000||Ruby|
|2||27 Beaded Jade Necklace US$ 27,440,000||Jade|
|3||Blue Belle of Asia US$ 17,300,000||Sapphire|
|4||Elizabeth Taylor’s Necklace US$ 6,100,000||Emerald|
Is sapphire more expensive than aquamarine?
While you can find sapphires and aquamarines in a wide range of price points, aquamarines are on average much more affordable than sapphires. Generally, a good quality one-carat aquamarine can sell for anywhere between $400 – $600 per carat.
Which is more expensive aquamarine or Topaz?
Aquamarine is generally much more expensive than blue topaz, with the main reason being that blue topaz is artificially heated whereas aquamarine is natural in color. … However, the aquamarine ring is almost double the price of the blue topaz ring.
What Stone is royal blue?
The value of a sapphire has a lot to do with its color, with deep, vivid royal blue sapphires being among the most valuable. Learn about the sapphire’s meaning and why this royal blue gem is a symbol of integrity and wisdom.
What is blue Opal?
Blue Opal is a rare variety of the Opal gemstone which is exclusively found in the Andes Mountains near San Patricio in Peru. This soothing light blue colored gemstone is translucent to opaque in appearance. It is regarded as a strong healing gemstone that helps to cure tensed mind, low confidence and emotional scars.
How many blue gemstones are there?
- Blue Sapphire.
- Lapis Lazuli.
- Blue Topaz.
Where is blue diamond found?
Blue diamonds are found only in a few mines in the world: the Cullinan mine in South Africa, the Argyle Mine in Australia, and the Goloconda mine in India. The carat weight and intensity of blue color dictate how much a blue diamond is worth.
What is the rarest gemstone in the world 2020?
The Top 10 Rarest Gemstones in the World
- Taaffeite. …
- Painite. …
- Red Beryl. …
- Benitoite. …
- Alexandrite. …
- Padparadscha Sapphire. …
- Paraiba Tourmaline. …
- Demantoid Garnet. Demantoid Garnet is the most valuable garnet and has a green to emerald green color.
How much is Painite worth?
Due to its rarity, painite can cost in the range of between US$50,000 to $60,000 per carat.
What is the most expensive gemstone in the world 2021?
1. Blue Diamond – $3.93 million per carat. The most expensive gemstones in the world are colored diamonds. Not only are they rare, but they are also known to have a spectacular brilliance and are the hardest substance found on earth.
Is Alexandrite the most expensive gemstone?
One of the world’s most expensive gemstones, alexandrite is like a mood ring for the fabulously wealthy. Temperature and light can cause alexandrite to appear green, pink, or raspberry red. The stones are a variety of chrysoberyl.