How are RubyGems made?
How are rubies made? Like many gemstones, rubies are made under extreme heat and pressure below the earth. When compressed, oxygen and aluminum atoms turn into corundum. This mineral, along with the presence of chromium, creates rubies and their distinct hue.
How do RubyGems work?
The RubyGems software allows you to easily download, install, and use ruby software packages on your system. The software package is called a “gem” which contains a packaged Ruby application or library. Gems can be used to extend or modify functionality in Ruby applications.
How can you build your own ruby gem?
Creating a Gem From Scratch
- Create the basic file structure of the gem: Fire up your shell and create the directories that will be needed in your gem: $ mkdir awesome_gem $ cd awesome_gem $ mkdir lib. …
- Create the gemspec. …
- Add some code. …
- Generate the gem file. …
- Install the gem. …
- Add The Gem to Another Ruby Program.
Is gem installed with Ruby?
As with most programming languages, Ruby leverages a wide set of third-party libraries. Nearly all of these libraries are released in the form of a gem, a packaged library or application that can be installed with a tool called RubyGems.
What kind of rocks are rubies found in?
Rubies (as well as sapphires) can be found in various rocks, mainly those of igneous or metamorphic origin (Sethi, 1997). In addition, through the weathering of gem-bearing sedimentary rocks, these minerals are found in the form of “placer deposits” at streams and rivers.
Is ruby a rock or mineral?
Sapphires and rubies are both gem varieties of the mineral corundum. They have the same chemical composition and structure. Gems generally get their colour because of certain metals or impurities contained in the mineral. The impurities in corundum gems produce the large range of colours found.
How do I know if RubyGems are installed?
- -i, –[no-]installed – Check for installed gem.
- -I – Equivalent to –no-installed.
- -v, –version VERSION – Specify version of gem to list for use with –installed.
- -d, –[no-]details – Display detailed information of gem(s)
- –[no-]versions – Display only gem names.
- -a, –all – Display all gem versions.
How does Ruby require work?
The require method takes the name of the file to require, as a string, as a single argument. This can either be a path to the file, such as ./lib/some_library. rb or a shortened name, such as some_library. If the argument is a path and complete filename, the require method will look there for the file.
How do you create a project in Ruby?
To create a Ruby program from scratch, do the following:
- Run RubyMine and click New Project on the Welcome Screen.
- In the New Project dialog, make sure that Empty Project is selected on the left pane. Then, specify the following settings: Location: Specify a project’s location and name (ruby-helloworld in our case).
How do I install a specific version of a gem?
Use `gem install -v`
You may already be familiar with gem install , but if you add the -v flag, you can specify the version of the gem to install. Using -v you can specify an exact version or use version comparators.
How much does a Ruby stone cost?
Rubies can run as little as $1 a carat to $100,000+ a carat, depending on the 4Cs. One of the most expensive rubies ever sold is the Sunrise Ruby, selling for over a million dollars a carat at 25 carats.
Where are RubyGems installed Windows?
When you use the –user-install option, RubyGems will install the gems to a directory inside your home directory, something like ~/. gem/ruby/1.9. 1 . The commands provided by the gems you installed will end up in ~/.
How do I set up my Rbenv?
Get started with rbenv
- List the installed Ruby versions. To list the installed Ruby versions in your machine with rbenv, run the following command: rbenv version. …
- Install a Ruby version. To install a new Ruby version, use the rbenv install command: rbenv install VERSION. …
- Use a specific Ruby version for a project.
What is bundle install Ruby?
Bundler provides a consistent environment for Ruby projects by tracking and installing the exact gems and versions that are needed. Bundler is an exit from dependency hell, and ensures that the gems you need are present in development, staging, and production. Starting work on a project is as simple as bundle install .