When Madame Loisel is forced to do the housework herself, she is described as looking “like a commoner.” This is an example of a simile, and it helps to convey how far Madame Loisel has had to fall, in terms of her social status, in order to pay for the replacement necklace.
What is an example of a simile in the necklace?
Simile:Page 1, paragraph 4, A sphinx like smile. Meaning: A very wide smile. She leans the necklace is a fake.
What is an example of simile?
A simile is a comparison between two things that uses the word like or as: Her smile is as bright as sunshine. A metaphor is a direct comparison between two things that does not use like or as: Her smile is sunshine.
What are 2 examples of personification in the necklace?
In ‘The Necklace’ there are few different examples of personification. One is in the very first sentence of the story when the narrator tells us that fate blundered Mathilde’s life. Another example is when the furniture and curtains in Mathilde’s house are described as tormenting and insulting her.
What are two examples of alliteration in the story the necklace?
One example of alliteration in The Necklace includes the letter “t”. It is in the phrase “attended the party and attracted everyone’s attention.” Another is the repetition of “m” in “… madame. I must have merely supplied the clasp.”
What are two examples of a metaphor?
Common Examples of Metaphor
- Laughter is the best medicine.
- She is just a late bloomer.
- Is there a black sheep in your family?
- His heart of stone surprised me.
- I smell success in this building.
- He’s buried in a sea of paperwork.
- There is a weight on my shoulder.
- Time is money.
What is an example of foreshadowing in The Necklace?
Here’s one good example of foreshadowing: She suffered from the poverty of her dwelling, from the worn walls, the abraded chairs, the ugliness of the stuffs. All these things, which another woman of her caste would not even have noticed, tortured her and made her indignant.
What are the 20 examples of simile?
Examples of Similes Using “As”
- She was as sly as a fox.
- That knife is as sharp as a razor.
- He’s as sick as a dog.
- It was as big as an elephant.
- He is as bright as a button.
- She’s as cold as ice.
- It’s as tough as an old boot.
- He’s as good as gold.
What are similes give 5 examples?
Following are some more examples of similes regularly used in writing:
- You were as brave as a lion.
- They fought like cats and dogs.
- He is as funny as a barrel of monkeys.
- This house is as clean as a whistle.
- He is as strong as an ox.
- Your explanation is as clear as mud.
- Watching the show was like watching grass grow.
What is a simile for kids?
Kids Definition of simile
: a figure of speech comparing two unlike things using like or as “Their cheeks are like roses” is a simile. “Their cheeks are roses” is a metaphor.
What are 5 examples of personification?
Common Personification Examples
- Lightning danced across the sky.
- The wind howled in the night.
- The car complained as the key was roughly turned in its ignition.
- Rita heard the last piece of pie calling her name.
- My alarm clock yells at me to get out of bed every morning.
What is the imagery in the necklace?
For one, you could easily read the necklace as a symbol of “wealth” itself – flashy, but false, in the end. Like “wealth,” the necklace is the object of Mathilde’s mad desire. Perhaps the revelation of the necklace’s falseness at the end is meant to mirror the falseness of Mathilde’s dream of wealth.
What animal would Mathilde be?
Mathilda is a charcoal black kangaroo.